Friday, August 31, 2012

Take me out to the dancehall...

I attended a large Texas college (whoop!), and my friends and I spent many nights out at the dancehall practicing our two-step, waltz, polka, and jitterbug.  Country & western dancing was a big thing when we were in school.  I am guessing maybe it's not quite as popular now, but there is still a student organization at A&M that is all about really awesome partner dancing - the Aggie Wranglers.   Here they are at a high school pep rally - they do some pretty sweet moves.  (I took dance lessons from them, but never got up the nerve to try out for a spot as a Wrangler - it was highly competitive.)


Seriously, how cool is that?  (If you didn't stick it out until around the 2 minute mark, you missed something really awesome!  And the group routine starts up around the 5 minute mark.)

Anyway, I love to dance, but sadly have found little opportunity for it since moving to the northeast 12 years ago.  I've gone out dancing every now and again when I'm back in Texas, but boy, am I rusty.

As great as I think he'd be at a good ol' two-step (and he'd look mighty nice in a cowboy hat and boots!), Mr. C, on the other hand, does not so much love to dance.  He probably needs a little liquid courage to even get out on the floor!  There's no way I was going to pass up a first dance at our wedding, though, and thankfully, Mr. C is totally game.  No fancy steps required - just him and me on the dance floor together.  I'm thinking I might have others join us out there mid-way through our song, so we're not the center of attention for longer than a minute and a half.  That should be plenty of time to get some good pictures, right?

I'm definitely looking forward to dancing at our reception, as I know I'll have some friends there who can really tear it up!  I plan to get some two-stepping in with my old college buddies.  Maybe Mr. C will even humor me and give it a try.  (I'll be pulling him along during the cotton-eyed joe, that's for sure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment