Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bubbling With Joy: CAKE!

Our cake-cutting was pretty low-key, and Mr. Cauldron kindly didn't smash any cake in my face.  We did have fun, though!  Here we are cutting into one of the cakes:


I fed him first...


And then he fed me.  He wiggled the fork around in my mouth, which made me laugh. 


The cake was mighty tasty, which I considered pretty important.  My aunt has been making wedding cakes for as long as I can remember, and I knew I wanted her to make the cake for our wedding.  Since she was driving across Texas and wouldn't have a lot of time to prep on site, I asked her to just do several layer cakes with plain buttercream icing in all different textures, and we'd have a cake table instead of one tiered cake.  I left the details up to her, and they all turned out beautifully!

Here I am with my aunt checking everything out pre-ceremony:


She did an amazing job! 


And here are some close-ups of the cakes: 



This one was a bit heavy so the icing slipped a little on one side in transport...but it sure still tasted good!



And here is the one we cut into - it had a little sailboat topper on it with our family name on the side and our boat name on the transom!


Are you a big fan of cake?  What do you think of having a cake table vs. a tiered cake? 

***All photos by Lindsey & Beto Photography.***

Bubbling With Joy: Making an Entrance :  wedding austin pictures pro pics recap Bubblin06 bubblin06

Missed a Cauldron wedding day recap? So far, we’ve had:

No comments:

Post a Comment