Monday, March 19, 2012

Time flies for flying pigs!

Wow, I can't believe how fast time has gone by.  I had every intention of starting this blog off back in January, but alas, it was not to be.  I'm back, though, and ready to regale you with wedding planning tales.

Where to start?!  I suppose at the beginning would be best.  How did two crazy kids like us find each other, anyway?

match.com.  Yep.  P winked at me online four and a half years ago, and we are one of those match.com success stories.  He likes to say we met at a bar, which is technically true, but before we met at a bar...we met online.  We did have a fabulous first date at a bar, which followed P's dating formula - wine at the first bar, location change to bar with bench seats, sweet kiss on the curb.  Seems like it worked...because here we are, engaged to be married!

Now, if you go to the match.com blog, they will show you all the fun success stories of couples that met on match.com.  (We're not listed - maybe I'll send in a note!)   In 2011, they published statistics that said that 12 couples who met on match.com get married or engaged every day.  I wonder how that compares to people who met in college, or at a bar?

I'm hoping to incorporate a humorous match.com profile writing activity into our wedding, for kicks.  Maybe a mad-lib style profile, on the back of the ceremony program, or at the dining tables?  Could be fun!

Do you know any couples who eventually married after meeting online?

No comments:

Post a Comment