Friday, April 20, 2012

Crowning glory...

For many years now, I've worn my hair relatively short, and straight.  This despite the fact that my hair is actually curly.  (Grass is always greener syndrome?!)   When I met Mr. C, back in the fall of 2007, my hair was short and straight, not to mention blonde.  

Mr. C and me on our third date in November 2007!  Blond hair, short(ish), and straight.
That's Bosley sneaking into the photo on the bottom right.

 Over the years that we've known each other, I've gone from that to a few other lengths and colors:

Longer, and a bit darker, but still straight - fall 2009.

Shorter again, and darker still...and straight - August 2010.

No dyeing involved in the darker color, but rather the lack of highlighting.  That last photo is back to my full natural color.

In spring of 2011, I decided to go back to my full natural texture, too.
The night of our engagement in October 2011 - still dark, but now longer and curly!

I've been growing it out for about a year, and I think by September it should be perfect for a pretty updo on our wedding day.  Maybe something like one of these:

Image via Style Me Pretty / Photo by Heidi Ryder Photography

Image via The Knot / Photo by Eric Cable

Have any of you grown out your hair for your wedding?  Or decided to stop fighting your natural texture?

No comments:

Post a Comment