Thursday, May 17, 2012

Life gets in the way...

...of even the most committed wedding planner.  This past week has been a tough one, with news of a very dear friend receiving a cancer diagnosis, ongoing difficult conversations at work, and delays to our planned schedule for getting our boat back in the water.  It all makes me want to crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head.

But, that won't do any good for anyone.  So instead, I'm trying to focus on the things I can control, rather than those I can't.  Thinking positive thoughts for my friend. Working away at those difficult conversations at the office, and making room for the emotion that comes along with them.  Checking the list of things that need to get done on the boat, and envisioning happy weekends on the water later in June.  And getting back on a regular blogging schedule, of course.

How do you deal with difficult news?

No comments:

Post a Comment