Sunday, May 13, 2012

A rose is a rose is a rose...

I have always loved flowers, so there was no question about whether or not we'd be having flowers as decoration at the wedding.  After considering the DIY route for a hot minute, I decided that given the distance and the hassle, hiring a florist was going to be the best option.  

Similar to my process for finding a photographer, I sent emails and set up phone calls with a number of florists in Austin.  After a number of discussions and proposals, and a few missed connections (florists are busy people!), I finally decided on Posey Events.

My emails and phone conversations with Madeleine at Posey were awesome - she really seemed to get me and my ideas, and she even went so far as to say at the end of our first phone chat that it all sounded quite similar to the vibe she was hoping to create at her own wedding, which is happening in October.  I told her I would be happy to be the dress rehearsal for her own shindig - anything to help create some love in the flowers!  (Is it just me, or can you tell when the florists really believe in their work?!)  She was super-responsive and send a very detailed proposal back to me for my review.  After a few tweaks, we were all set and I signed and sent in a deposit.  I had a florist!

Now for the good stuff - the inspiration photos!

Right now the picture I have in my mind is that as the bride, I will carry a light and creamy bouquet, mostly in neutral tones, but my bridesmaids will carry bouquets in darker tones similar to their dresses.  Mixed into both bouquets, hopefully tying them all together a bit, will be beautiful antique hydrangeas like the ones in this photo:

Image via and flowers by Love the Blooms

So my bouquet might look something like one of these, incorporating those hydrangeas:

Image via Inspired Bride / Photo by Tinywater Photography 
Image via Style Me Pretty / Photo by Kate-Belle Photography / Flowers by Le Belle Fleur

Image via and flowers by Stems

Then for the bridesmaids' bouquets and the ceremony and reception decorations, I really want saturated colors - rich pinks, magentas, and burgundies, playing off the bridesmaids' dresses, but with bright and dark tones all mixed together.   Here are some examples:

Image via and flowers by Posey Events
Image via Ruffled / Flowers by Honey of a Thousand Flowers


Image via Elizabeth Anne Designs / Photo by Rebekah Westover / Flowers by Bella Fiori

Image via Style Me Pretty / Photo by Leslee Mitchell / Flowers by Lily and Company

And together, we'll look something like these gorgeous bridal parties:

Another spiced wine wedding!
Image via WeddingBee / Photo by RMN Photography / Flowers by Westwood's Heaven Scent

Image via Style Me Pretty / Photo by Katie Pietrowski / Flowers by Fancy Flowers

Image via Style Me Pretty / Photo by Katherine Salvatori / Flowers by Flor del Monte

I'll share more about ceremony and reception decorations, and bouts for the groomsmen, family flowers, etc, later...but for now, what do you think of the light/dark combination for our bouquets?  I feel pretty confident about it, but who knows what might change in the next couple of months...


No comments:

Post a Comment