Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sad shipping...

I mentioned earlier that my aunt is going to be baking a series of layer cakes for our wedding, instead of a traditional tiered/stacked cake.  I keep seeing great examples of this cake table idea online, so I guess it's a bit trendy, but it really will work out the best for us, so I'm sticking to it.

Pretty cakes!
Image via Style Me Pretty / Photo by Nadine Photography / Event by Yellow Umbrella Events

Because we'll need a few cake plates / stands, I have been keeping an eye out for pieces that I might like.  I recently ordered this gorgeous vintage cake plate from a company out in California:

Isn't it pretty?
Image via / Cake plate from Edisen
Sadly, the cross-country shipment did not treat this little guy so well, and when it arrived, it looked more like this:

So sad!
I wrote to the shop*, lamenting the loss of the beautiful plate, and they put through a refund right away.  Sadly, it was a one-of-a-kind vintage piece, so I won't be able to get a replacement.  Boooo.

Cake plate shopping continues...

*I just want to emphasize how great I think Edisen is, and that the shipment issue wasn't their fault.  It was really wrapped up in there - just didn't make it through all the box tossing that the delivery guys must have put it through, despite the giant "FRAGILE" on the box.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment