Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Put a ring on it...groom edition

Mr. C is adamant about not wearing a wedding ring.

He blames this desire to go ring-less on his uncle, who actually lost his ring finger due to his wedding ring - he was jumping off the back of a truck at a job site and got his ring caught.  Apparently his finger stayed on the truck.  (Yikes.)

Mr. C is definitely a handy guy and likes to work with his hands a lot, so I can see his concern about hurting himself somehow as a result of the ring.  I still think he's being a little bit silly, though.  He doesn't currently wear any jewelry at all (not even a watch) so I think that is probably more of the issue than the story about his uncle.  (Side note: Mr. C apparently used to have a tongue ring back in college (!!!) but I cannot even picture it.  If I hadn't seen the hole in his tongue I wouldn't believe him one bit!)  I suppose wearing a wedding ring would just take some getting used to.

I have at least convinced him that he is going to get a ring anyway, regardless of if he wears it again after our wedding day.  I couldn't picture just having him give me a ring at our ceremony, and me giving him nothing in return!

We'll see what he decides to do after the wedding, but I'm hoping he'll decide it's kind of cool and maybe he'll wear it sometimes.  At least for special occasions?

Do any of you have fiances who are opposed to wearing a ring?  How do you feel about it?

5 comments:

  1. Yikes. For awhile mine was joking about wearing an engagement (oh if it were only true).

    Rings can be very dangerous, they're banned on a lot of job sites for a reason :-S My Dad has scary stories like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I LOVE the name of your blog! (I came via weddingbee.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should look into tungsten carbide. It's a fairly brittle metal, so if it gets slammed in a door or something, it will break. It's also really cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a new metal choice - thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete